I found this great infographic that made my day actually after a long busy day because it reminded me why I wanted to become an entrepreneur
If you believe you have great Idea then take an action and start, do not give up.
Do your homework first and accept criticism.
Am not in a position to tell anyone what to do but sometimes we need encouragement to remind ourselves of our dreams, to never forget positive thinking and try positive actions too.
Sometimes you will get rejected, find out why because that will make you do better next time.
Good Luck for all of us 🙂
I would like to share my humble experience in elevator pitch with you.
Elevator pitch is a powerful way to outline your business and to get invitation to deliver a more detailed presentation.
As entrepreneur you need to present your idea or startup to investors interested in early stage investment.
How much time do you think you need for your pitch?
Well, i thought i will have 30 minutes but actually I only had less than 2 minutes.
What are the main points that should be in the elevator pitch?
1. Describe clients pain.
2. Describe your solution.
3. Your potential Market ; be specific while addressing the market size.
For example do not say internet users, instead internet users ages between 18 – 30 from the Middle East = 5,000,000 users and the market is growing 20% every year.
4. Business Model “How do you make money” ; use simple and straight revenue streams.
5. Competitors, remember every business has competitors; describe how your business is different and better.
6. Money, you are here to raise money:
- How much money do you need and how would you spend it : Marketing Campaign, Hiring people … etc
- When your business will break-even
- Why investors should invest in you
How Should you pitch?
- Use simple language
- Try to start your pitch with a simple story that will describe clients pain to create a visual image to investors.
- Talk with confidence.
- Practice, Practice, Practice , pitch to friends and family.
This is my first elevator pitch at ArabNet Beirut, I admit that I was a little bit nervous 🙂
Sharing your idea with others will motivates you more to learn and understand and you will gain valuable insight and perspective.
With whom should you share your idea and how they might help:
1. Close friends and Family members that will help you see your idea from different angle and You’ll get suggestions for improvements.
2. Participate in events that aims to showcase entrepreneurs with great ideas, that will help you get exposure for your idea and get live reactions, and even connects you with someone that might help you turn your idea into reality.
Take action. Put ideas into practice.